1671 Part Time Ticket Seller
Posted on: May 5, 2016
Under the supervision of the Ticket Office Management, opens and/or closes ticket window as required. Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Completes daily ticket sales report.
- Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating, and events.
- Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports.
- Performs related clerical work as assigned.
- Work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent math skills and attention to details.
- Required to speak and understand basic English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task between job functions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors and visitors to the facility.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- TicketMaster ticketing system experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- Physical ability to use hands to handle and count coins and currency.
- Close vision ability.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping, lifting, and walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.