1702 Part Time Guest Services Attendant
Posted on: July 13, 2016
The Guest Services Attendant will perform various duties as a ticket taker or usher in connection with scheduled events. Duties will vary between facility and events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs, including setting-up, decorating, and finding materials.
- Assist with last minute and/or emergency patron needs.
- Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other patrons, senior citizens, students, and groups requiring special accommodation.
- Maintain a professional work ethic.
- Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or an equivilant combination of experience and training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications, and problem solving
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others while working
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work inside or outside environments
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Required to speak and understand basic English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task between job functions
- Must be a team player
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.