1714 Part Time Warehouse Stocker
Posted on: August 30, 2016
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Stocker assists the Warehouse Purchasing Manager by receiving and unloading trucks, stocking shelves, pulling food service orders, storage, and inventory control in a food service warehouse environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives materials from commercial delivery carriers and vendors.
- Receives and stores foodstuffs, using appropriate health and safety procedures.
- Loads and delivers supplies.
- Performs manual and clerical duties in the warehouse.
- Assists in the unloading of vendor’s trucks.
- Assists in receiving and disbursing of food service supplies.
- Assists in inventory control and annual inventory of both commodity and non-commodity stock.
- Keeps the warehouse and storage area, freezers, and refrigerators clean.
- Provide the highest customer service excellence.
- Required to speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
- Perform any reasonable requests assigned by management for staffing and performance needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Operate a vehicle safely.
- Operate a computer work station or terminal accurately and effectively.
- Read and compare names and numbers quickly and accurately.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Proficient math and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School or GED Certificate graduate.
- Operate a personal computer.
- Operate other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform manual tasks including heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, carrying and overhead work.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.