1717 Full Time Event and Festivals Coordinator
Posted on: September 28, 2016
Under general supervision of the Events & Festivals Manager, the Events & Festivals Coordinator will help develop and coordinate all special projects, events, tournaments, and festivals associated with the BOK Center and Cox Business Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in creating and executing high-priority events & festivals and projects.
- Assist in all sponsorship sales to support events & festivals and projects.
- Assist in setup, teardown, and coordination of large tournaments, events & festivals, and festivals.
- Serve as a liaison with downtown agencies as directed by the Events & Festivals Manager
- Assist in the solicitation of new sponsor and event business for facilities.
- Assist with public relations activities and press conferences for events & festivals.
- Assist in group ticket sales efforts for events & festivals and projects.
- Assist in developing sponsorship packages and deliverables for events & festivals.
- Assist in developing contracts for building and events & festivals sponsors.
- Assist in designing and placing media for events & festivals.
- Assist with the developing agreements with media partners for events & festivals.
- Assist in booking vendors, musicians, and entertainment for events & festivals.
- Assist in writing, scheduling and posting social media for events & festivals and entertainment.
- Assist in website and graphic design for events & festivals using Adobe Creative Suite and HTML.
- Coordinate promotions and events & festivals with event promoters and facility personnel.
- Conduct special studies as assigned by the Events & festivals Manager.
- Plan and conduct market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Maintain, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Work within the guidelines set forth in SMG’s Management Credo.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelors’ degree from a four year college or university in Marketing, Public Relations, Event Management or related field preferred.
- Event creation or management experience a plus.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.