1721 Full Time Event Relations Coordinator Cox Business Center
Posted on: October 19, 2016
The Event Relations Coordinator under the direct supervision of the Event Services Manager provides a variety of administrative and operational support to designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to. The Event Relations Coordinator will perform various duties in connection with scheduled events including customer contact, coordination and distribution of information within the facility, and client follow-up. Duties will vary depending on the event.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to guest inquiries and customer service issues daily through both verbal and written communication.
- Receive and screen telephone calls from guests, exhibitors and staff.
- Provide the best service possible to every client, patron and vendor.
- Coordinate and execute meetings/events according to the needs of our clients in a timely manner. Maintain constant communication with the client during setup and their meetings/events.
- Rotate with Event Services staff to function as Event Coordinator on call, who maintains total responsibility and authority over all clients, staff personnel, patrons, security and safety during events.
- Assist Sales Department on tours providing the client with building information.
- Assist with special needs or requests from our clients and communicate to our staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients, patron and staff.
- Ensure that the integrity of the facility is upheld in the manner that we and our guest are accustomed to.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner and orally respond in a professional and diplomatic manner during crisis and/or sympathetic situations.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Serves as the first line for client, patron & vendor complaints, concerns and issues.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs, such as setting-up, decorating, finding materials, marking chairs, etc.
- Assist with day of operations including guest information, guest concerns,
- Assist with last minute and/or emergency patron needs.
- Keep detailed logs and reports of incidents and related activities.
- Maintain future event files.
- Coordinate and maintain lost and found log sheet and items.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Knowledge of customer service and exhibitor services practices required. Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Experience in event coordination in a 5,000 seat or larger venue; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer service experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Skills and Abilities
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Pleasant and helpful telephone demeanor when assisting guests, exhibitors, clients and staff.
- Handle conflict, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Perform light lifting and carrying at times.
- Operate portable radio.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Oklahoma.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications, and problem solving
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.