1724 Part Time Kitchen Steward
Posted on: December 20, 2016
The steward provides cleaning support for the kitchen staff under the supervision of the Executive Steward.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and clean inventory of small wares, utensils, and kitchen supplies.
- Keep area, equipment, and utensils clean and sanitary
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions for kitchen personnel.
- Keep all dishes, small wares, and utensils cleaned.
- Organize and maintain proper inventory of small wares, utensils, and cleaning supplies and equipment, reordering when necessary.
- Clean and properly maintain working areas and equipment in kitchen.
- Organize and properly store perishables for cooks and receiving and issuing clerks.
- Follow all rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a pleasant personality and neat and clean appearance.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED certification preferred.
- Not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires stooping, lifting and substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in conditions where the temperature may be higher than normal.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.