1727 Part Time Operations Crew Member BOK Center
Posted on: January 30, 2017
Under general supervision, performs work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events.
- Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable wall, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include, but not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
- Assist building engineers and subcontractors in construction, repair and maintenance of the building.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma, and one (1) to three (3) months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools. Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, Zamboni machine, scrubbing machines or other light power driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word. Knowledge in Peachtree Accounting Software a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must be able to perform strenuous physical duties at time, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.