1737 Full Time Marketing Manager BOK Center
Posted on: March 30, 2017
The Marketing Manager will work with minimum supervision and direction to prepare and execute social media campaigns as well as work with promoters to market shows as assigned. The Marketing Manager’s ultimate goal is to assist the rest of the department in any way needed to ensure the success of all SMG Tulsa events. Ideally looking for someone with previous venue industry experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the venue’s website, ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Develop and deliver social media marketing strategies and campaigns for BOK Center, manage content of all social media channels on a daily basis and maintain creative and relevant content.
- Conceptualize & execute social media promotions for concerts and events.
- Manage and coordinate press related duties during events including TV station coverage, photographers and reviewers.
- Update social media before, during and after BOK Center events and concerts.
- Negotiate media buys and trade promotions on behalf of show promoters for shows as assigned.
- Assist with public relations activities for shows, including setting up interviews.
- Create and update all digital venue advertising.
- Create and disseminate e-blasts and text messages to venue database and subscribers.
- Complete graphic design responsibilities as needed by marketing and all other departments.
- Stay on top of the latest social media trends.
- Quote printing projects and other supplies as needed.
- Manage all creative assets in an organized manner.
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, public relations or a related field
- Experience marketing concerts, sports, or similar product.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Plan, organize and implement advertising, promotion, publicity and social media programs.
- Experience negotiating media schedules and promotions.
- Outside the box thinker to provide creative ideas setting our venue apart from the rest of the industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain quality working relationships with several internal departments, especially sales and booking staff, as well as external tenant team and media partners.
- A strong communicator: be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format to management and staff as well as to all types of clients.
- Demonstrate high level of energy and a positive attitude, professionalism, integrity, motivation and a strong work ethic.
- Organized, able to prioritize, and have strong time management skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and handle changing priorities.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to be creative with marketing presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by programming, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
- Strong knowledge of MS office.
- Demonstrated Apple MAC computer skills is a must.
- Extensive knowledge in all aspects of social media.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Long periods of sitting and working at a computer terminal.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.