Posted on: November 23, 2022
This position oversees all Arena and Convention Center Bar operations including banquets, concerts, various shows, and special functions. Oversight of all serving of any alcoholic beverage in all areas except concessions. This position requires coordination and assistance with both the Concourse operations and Catering operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting and developing all F&B bar staff.
- Fulfilling the service per each mobile or permanent bar with the proper stock & staffing levels.
- Develop and implement bartender training programs, policies, and procedures.
- Properly track and report bar revenue.
- Monitors and implements bar inventory, equipment, and maintenance.
- Ensures all staff adheres to State & Local Alcohol enforcement regulations.
- Enforce all liquor laws & adhere to all health dept regulations.
- Responsible for proper cash handling procedures for all bartenders.
- Have the ability to take direction from supervisor and effectively organize and supervise all bartending staff.
- Provide the highest customer service excellence.
- Ensure compliance with all Savor and ASM Global F&B policies and procedures.
- Required to have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Purchasing Manager on inventory, ordering, and stocking all bar related products.
- Required to speak and understand basic English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Work with clients and vendors/sponsors as needed for events and contracts.
- Maintain a professional work ethic.
- Enforce all sanitation procedures including safety guidelines and OSHA requirements.
- Organize equipment for an event as well as clean and maintain equipment during and after functions.
- Make sure all storerooms are clean, organized and secured.
- Follow all designated opening and closing procedures to ensure areas are secure and energy efficient.
- Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
- This position requires the ability to work flexible, sometimes long hours which include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, and payroll; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources department; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma Required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in food and beverage service.
- Previous responsibilities of inventory, cost control, ordering, receiving, & stocking of supplies and products.
- Experience with POS preferred.
- Must be of legal age limit with respect to serving alcoholic beverages.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have current Oklahoma Liquor License
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated, self-directed, personable, positive and hard working.
- Detailed oriented and able to perform independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills and works well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Excellent math skills and attention to details
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word. Knowledge in Peachtree Accounting Software a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting and other activities necessary to perform job duties. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.ASM Employees - Apply Here All Others - Apply Here